For Immediate Release · By Nairem Moran · email@example.com
Westminster, Md. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland volleyball team is still searching for their first win of the 2017 season after dropping a 3-0 decision to the host McDaniel College Green Terror Friday night.
St. Mary's (Md.) 0, McDaniel 3 (12-25, 20-25, 10-25)
How It Happened
- The Seahawks posted a 3-1 lead in the first set behind three McDaniel errors. The Green Terror turned it around quickly with a 19-5 run, staking a 20-8 advantage on an Emma Lorenzen kill.
- St. Mary's once again opened a set with a lead, claiming a 4-1 margin to start the second set. Another big McDaniel run put the Green Terror on top, 19-9, following a Seahawk attacking error. The Seahawks stayed in striking distance, closing the gap to 23-20 on the strength of eight McDaniel errors. The hosts secured the 2-0 match advantage behind a pair of Seahawk errors.
- McDaniel controlled the tempo of the third and final set from the opening serve as the Green Terror rolled in locking up their fourth consecutive victory.
For the St. Mary's (0-5)
- Brigid Morris – 6 kills, .312 attack pct., 2 digs
- Ellyse Sutliff – 5 assists, 5 digs, 3 kills
- Marissa Dangler – 17 digs, 2 assists
- Audrey McKay – 3 kills, 2 digs, 2 solo blocks, 2 block assists
- St. Mary's hit negatively for the match with no service aces and finished with 4.0 team blocks.
For McDaniel (5-1)
- Lorenzen – 7 kills, .333 attack pct., 4 block assists, 3 digs
- Gayle Edelstein – 11 assists, 4 digs, 2 service aces
- Lauren Wells – 11 assists, 2 kills
- Marlowe Embry – 10 digs, 6 kills, 5 service aces
- Taylor Bauman – 10 digs, 3 service aces, 3 assists
- McDaniel put up a .207 attack percentage with 14 service aces and 8.0 team blocks.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Sept. 9 vs. Goucher (0-5) – at McDaniel College – Westminster, Md. – 10:00 a.m.
- Sept. 9 vs. Alvernia (4-2) – at McDaniel College – Westminster, Md. – 2:00 p.m.
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMVB
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmvb
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks