St. Mary's City, Md. – Tori Eskay (Damascus, Md./Urbana) of the St. Mary's College of Maryland women's soccer team was voted by the Department of Athletics and Recreation as the Athlete of the Month for the month of October after leading St. Mary's to a 3-1-1 record in conference action.
The 5-8, sophomore forward tallied 16 points during the month on seven goals and two assists as the Seahawks went 4-3-2 in October. Eskay also earned two Capital Athletic Conference Women's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week honors on October 4 and November 1.
She started the month by scoring all four goals in the Seahawks' 4-1 league victory over Hood College for her second career hat trick. Eskay ended the month by propelling St. Mary's to the CAC semifinals, scoring twice in the team's 3-1 win over University of Mary Washington in CAC first round action.
In nine outings, Eskay recorded a .591 shots-on-goal percentage while picking up two game-winning goals.
She is currently third in the conference in goals with 13, fourth with 29 points, and tied for eighth in assists with three.
ATHLETE OF THE MONTH HONOR ROLL
- FIELD HOCKEY: BLAIR LUSBY, Sr., Defender (Pocomoke, Md./Holly Grove Christian)
- SAILING: MICHAEL MENNINGER, Sr., Skipper (Newport Beach, Calif.)
- MEN'S SOCCER: PAUL SPRANKLIN, Sr., Goalkeeper (Columbia, Md./Oakland Mills)
- VOLLEYBALL: CLAIRE KODAN, Sr., Outside Hitter (Olney, Md./Sherwood)
PAST ATHLETES OF THE MONTH
- SEPTEMBER – Lauriann Parker, So., Forward, Field Hockey
- OCTOBER – Tori Eskay, So., Forward, Women's Soccer