For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · email@example.com
Winchester, Va. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's cross country team placed 10th overall at the Shenandoah University Hornet Harrier in Winchester, Virginia, on Saturday morning.
- Place – 10th of 14/240 points
- Location – Kernstown Battlefield– Winchester, Va.
St. Mary's Top 5 Finishers:
- First-year Tyler Wilson (Silver Spring, Md./Albert Einstein) continued to pace the Seahawks, as Wilson was the first to finish with a time of 21:15.8, which was good enough for 30th out of 120 runners.
- Senior captain James Judlick (Baltimore, Md./Perry Hall) was the next Seahawk to cross the finish line in 44th place with a time of 22:08.0.
- Junior Joseph McManus (Chevy Chase, Md./Bethesda Chevy Chase) finished in 57th place with a time of 22:38.9.
- Senior Zack Walker (St. Leonard, Md./Calvert) ran a 23:01.5, which was good enough for 66th overall.
- Senior captain Adam Scrivener (Prince Frederick, Md./Huntingtown) rounded out the top five for St. Mary's, coming in at 23:27.4 for 74th overall.
Other Race Highlights
- McDaniel College's Gavin Gibson came in first overall with a time of 19:31.4, which was 18 seconds ahead of the second-place finisher.
- The University of Mary Washington, who ranks seventh in the South/Southeast region, came in first overall with 44 points as three Eagles placed in the Top 10.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- The Seahawks are back on the road as they travel to Center Valley, Pennsylvania, to compete at the DeSales University Invitational on Saturday, October 6 at 10:30 a.m.
Seahawk Finishers (120 Runners): 30. Tyler Wilson; 44. James Judlick; 57. Joseph McManus; 66. Zack Walker; 74. Adam Scrivener; 82. Frank Zimmer (24:07.3); 86. Ronald Wong (24.17.9); 90. Randy Larsen (24:24.6); 96. Robbie Hamilton (25:50.3); 102. Danny Capasso (27:29.3); 109. Pat O'Leary (31:01.4)
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc | Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks