For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org
Stevenson, Md. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's cross country team opened their 2017 season on a cool Friday night at Stevenson University, placing fourth in a five-team field at the Mustang Stampede.
- Place – 4th out of 5
- Location – Stevenson University (Greenspring Campus) – Stevenson, Md.
St. Mary's Top 5 Finishers:
- The first Seahawk to finish for the day was senior captain Scott Zimmerman (Clarksville, Md./Atholton) with a time of 22:03.11 to place 39th overall in a field of 64 runners.
- Just behind Zimmerman would be sophomore James Judlick (Baltimore, Md./Perry Hall) who came in 40th in 22:05.04.
- Senior captain T.J. McPhaul (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) posted a time of 22:24.50, which made him the third Seahawk to cross the finish line and placed him 42nd.
- Fourth for St. Mary's was junior Adam Scrivener (Prince Frederick, Md./Huntingtown) at 22:32.35 and 44th overall.
- Rounding out the top five scorers for the Seahawks was first-year Jonathan Kamis (Chevy Chase, Md./Bethesda Chevy Chase) with a time of 22:41.41 for 45th place.
Other Top Performers
- No. 7 Johns Hopkins University won the meet and had runners placed 1-10 in the final standings while Scott Pourshalchi won the race with a time of 19:29.52.
- Host Stevenson placed second, led by Patrick Watson's 13th-place finish.
- The Catholic University of America placed third as Cosmo Pirozzi finished 27th.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- The Seahawks are back on the road as they travel to the United States Naval Academy next Saturday, September 9 for a 10:00 a.m. start.
Team Standings (5 Teams): 1. Johns Hopkins (15); 2. Stevenson (50); 3. Catholic (92); 4. St. Mary's (112); 5. CCBC Essex (135)
Seahawk Finishers (64 Runners): 39. Scott Zimmerman; 40. James Judlick; 42. T.J. McPhaul; 44. Adam Scrivener; 45. Jonathan Kamis; 46. Joseph McManus (22:50.68); 48. Jakob Hagmann (23:04.17); 54. Zack Walker (23:41.18); 55. Robert Hamilton (23:41.30); 58. Mason Baird (23:54.92); 59. Sam Coomes (24:16.60); 60. Randy Larsen (24:39.58); 62. Andres Merlos (28:21.86); 63. Danny Capasso (28:24.90); 64. Patrick O'Leary (30:30.85)
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC, #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc, #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks