For Immediate Release · By Nairem Moran · email@example.com
York, Pa. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's lacrosse team lost their second straight game Wednesday afternoon as the Seahawks (4-10, 1-4 CAC) fell 17-3 to No. 2 York College of Pennsylvania (12-1, 4-0 CAC) in Capital Athletic Conference action.
How It Happened
- York fired off 17 unanswered goals in building a 17-0 advantage after three quarters of action.
- The Seahawks avoided the shutout in the fourth period when attackers Kyle Hurley (Towson, Md./Loch Raven), Max Groen (New Haven, Conn./Choate Rosemary Hall), and Ray LaPlaca (Owings, Md./Calverton) all found the back of the net.
Inside the Box Score
- Groen paced St. Mary's with a goal and an assist while LaPlaca notched his team-leading 20th goal of the season. In addition, Hurley tallied his first collegiate goal.
- Senior captain Conner Campbell (Berwyn, Pa./Conestoga) collected three ground balls and two caused turnovers while junior goalie Ross Snodderly (Reisterstown, Md./Franklin) made nine saves in 54:22.
- Thomas Pfeiffer posted three goals and two assists to lead all scorers while Billy Sasso won 9-of-13 at the X with five ground balls. Landry Marshall (4 saves) and Jacob Laubner (3 saves) split equal time in goal to help the Spartans claim their eighth win in a row.
- Shots: St. Mary's 18, York 42
- Ground Balls: St. Mary's 28, York 39
- Face-Off Wins: St. Mary's 7, York 16
- Extra-Man Opportunities: St. Mary's 1-1, York 0-2
- Saves: St. Mary's 9, York 7
- Caused Turnovers: St. Mary's 6, York 7
- Turnovers: St. Mary's 17, York 9
- Penalties: St. Mary's 2 for 1:00, York 1 for 1:00
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 14 at Frostburg State University (8-6, 3-2 CAC) – Frostburg, Md. – CAC game – 1:00 p.m.
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmmlax
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMLacrosse
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks