For Immediate Release · By Nairem Moran · email@example.com
- Score: St. Mary's 50, Salisbury 73
- Records: St. Mary's (2-12, 1-6 CAC), Salisbury (9-5, 5-2 CAC)
- Location: Salisbury, Md. – Maggs Physical Activities Center
- The Short Story: The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's basketball team dropped their sixth consecutive game Wednesday night, falling 73-50 at Salisbury University in Capital Athletic Conference action.
How It Happened
- Salisbury broke the game wide open with a 32-8 run to lead by 23 with 7:13 remaining in the first half and never looked back.
- The Sea Gulls would head into the break with a 44-24 advantage as Gary Briddell came off the bench to lead all scorers with 14 points on 5-of-7 shooting, including 4-for-5 from downtown.
- St. Mary's clawed its way back in the second half, pulling within 12 at 8:22 on a three-pointer by senior guard Ochae Bynum (Waldorf, Md./North Point); however, the Seahawks would get no closer the rest of the way.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior wing LaVonte Sanders (Upper Marlboro, Md./Wise) paced the Seahawks in the loss with eight points, three rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- Sophomore guard Reggie Rouse (Baltimore, Md./Calvert Hall) chipped in five points, three assists, three boards, and a career-best three steals.
- Salisbury controlled the glass, 32-19, and collected 20 points off of 17 Seahawk miscues in its second straight win.
- Four Sea Gulls reached double figures in scoring with Blair Davis leading the way with a game-high 18 points while Briddell finished the night with 14.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Jan. 13 at Penn State Harrisburg (5-9, 1-6 CAC) – Middletown, Pa. – CAC game – 3:00 p.m.
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_mbb
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_MBB
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks