Nov 22, 2016
For Immediate Release · By Nairem Moran · firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, D.C. –
- Score: St. Mary's 88, Gallaudet 83
- Records: St. Mary's (3-1), Gallaudet (1-2)
- Location: Washington, D.C. · Field House
- The Short Story: Junior guard Ochae Bynum (Waldorf, Md./North Point) tallied his second consecutive 20-point game Tuesday night as Bynum tallied a season-best 27 points. Behind Bynum's strong play, the St. Mary's College of Maryland men's basketball team posted an 88-83 road win over the Gallaudet University Bison.
How It Happened
- Three Seahawks scored in double digits while St. Mary's doubled the Bison's three-point field goals made, 8 to 4.
- Dominant inside play by Gallaudet in the second half allowed the Bison to erase a 13-point deficit in a 7:49-minute span, grab its first lead of the game with 6:47 left in the game, and even the score twice.
- After senior guard Raymond Nelson (Riverside, Calif.) knotted the contest for the final time at 74-74 at the 4:05-minute mark, the Seahawks closed out the game on a 14-9 run, including five points from first-year guard Tre Mouton (Waldorf, Md./North Point).
- Senior center Josh McGriff (Somerset, N.J./Franklin) pulled the Bison within one less than four minutes into the game before St. Mary's distanced itself with an 18-7 run which featured four triples, including a pair from Bynum.
- Bynum notched 16 of his game-best 27 points in the first half on 7-of-10 shooting with two long-range shots and four assists, helping the Seahawks to a 43-34 halftime advantage.
Inside the Box Score
- Bynum went 1-of-4 in the second half to finish 8-of-14 for the game while going 8-of-8 from the free throw line. He dished a season-high five assists as well as a season-best two steals.
- Junior captain Delaszo Smith (Baltimore, Md./Annapolis) would finish with a season-best 17 points for the second straight game to go along with four assists and two rebounds.
- Mouton contributed 14 points, five rebounds, and two assists.
- Following the Thanksgiving break, St. Mary's welcomes Greensboro College (0-1) to Ed Cole Court for a non-conference contest on Sunday, November 27 at 2:00 p.m.
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCM_MBB, #GoHawks, #TalonsOut
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_mbb