The Michael P. O’Brien Athletics & Recreation Center (MPOBARC) contains 110,000 square feet of first-class athletic competition and health & fitness activities space. The ARC features 1,500 square feet of climbing wall, an Aquatics Center with a 50-meter and a 25-yard swimming pool, three areas outfitted with a variety of state-of-the-art fitness and weight training equipment, two recreational courts, and an Arena.
For more information on the MPOBARC and its facilities, click here.
Finals Week & Winter Break 2019-2020
Monday, December 16 6:00am-9:00pm
Tuesday, December 17 6:00am-9:00pm
Wednesday, December 18 6:00am-9:00pm
Thursday, December 19 6:00am-9:00pm
Friday, December 20 6:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday, December 21 CLOSED
Sunday, December 22 CLOSED
Mon, December 23 – Wed, January 1 CLOSED
Thursday, January 2 8:00am-6:00pm
Friday, January 3 8:00am-6:00pm
Saturday, January 4 CLOSED
Sunday January 5 CLOSED
Monday, January 6 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday, January 7 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday, January 8 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, January 9 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday, January 10 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday, January 11 CLOSED
Sunday, January 12 CLOSED
Monday, January 13 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday, January 14 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday, January 15 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, January 16 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday, January 17 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday, January 18 CLOSED
Sunday, January 19 CLOSED
Monday, December 16 12:00pm-2:00pm
Tuesday, December 17 12:00pm-2:00pm
Wednesday, December 18 12:00pm-2:00pm
Thursday, December 19– Sunday, January 19 CLOSED
**Normal Pool Hours Will Resume on Monday, January 20, 2020
HOURS OF OPERATION
|Academic Year (*effective August 27, 2019)|
|Inclement Weather (*effective when St. Mary's College of Maryland is closed due to inclement weather)|
|NOTE: The hours of operation for the MPOBARC and its facilities are subject to change. Call the MPOBARC Welcome Desk at 240-895-2136 for the latest updates.|
GENERAL BUILDING POLICIES
- All users participate at their own risk.
- ARC members are required to present a valid SMCM ID upon entering the building. Guests must provide a valid photo ID and pay the $5 admission fee.
- Members and guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted to be inside or use any piece of equipment in the Fitness Center.
- Day passes are available at the Welcome Desk at $5.00 per visit for each individual.
- All guests are welcome to participate in Group Fitness classes. Any patron who is not a member but wishes to participate in the Group Fitness classes may do so by purchasing a guest pass at the Welcome Desk and presenting the receipt to the Group Fitness instructor.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in any area of the ARC.
- The use of the ARC while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs is prohibited. Violations of this policy will result in immediate termination of facility privileges.
- Proper non-marking athletic shoes and full shirts are required in all areas of the ARC outside of the Aquatics Center.
- The use of bicycles, skates, scooters, and skateboards is not permitted inside the facility.
- General access to the facility may be gained through the main entrance or south entrance only. The south entrance will be locked every evening at 5pm; the main entrance will remain open for the rest of the open facility hours.
- Aside from scheduled team practice times and events, no person is permitted to use the Arena at any time.
- It is against facility policy to prop open emergency doors or open exits to allow unauthorized persons access to the facility. Violators of this policy are subject to disciplinary action.
- All photography and/or videography in any facility space must first be approved by the ARC Director. This includes photography using all technology with built-in camera devices i.e. cell phones, PDA's cameras, etc.
- ARC members are expected to respect the facility and the rights of other individuals. Any user who engages in disorderly conduct, including but not limited to, verbal or physical abuse of an employee or any other guest, is subject to immediate removal from the facility, possible loss of membership privileges without refund, and campus/community judicial processes.