For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org
Winchester, Va. – Sophomore Kara Taylor (Ellicott City, Md./Centennial) collected her second straight Top-5 finish as the St. Mary's College of Maryland women's cross country team placed fifth overall at the Shenandoah University Hornet Harrier in Winchester, Virginia, on Saturday morning.
- Place – 5th of 12/147 points
- Location – Kernstown Battlefield – Winchester, Va.
St. Mary's Top 5 Finishers
- Taylor came in fourth overall as she finished behind three senior runners from regionally-ranked Washington and Lee University and the University of Mary Washington. Taylor's time was 20:06.7 on the 5K course, which was 3.2 seconds better than the fifth-place finisher. She has now finished in the Top 10 in the first three races of the season.
- Sophomore Lindsey Stevenson (Bel Air, Md./C. Milton Wright) finished 25th overall, coming in at 21:27.3.
- Senior captain Marisa McCormick (Prince Frederick, Md./Calvert) was not far behind as McCormick crossed the finish line in 21:36.4 for 29th place.
- Sophomore Emily Lane (Glen Arm, Md./Loch Raven) was the fourth Seahawk to cross the finish line, placing 54th with a time of 23:46.8 and scoring for St. Mary's for the first-time ever.
- Junior Caitlyn Sarudy (Hereford, Md./Hereford) scored for the Seahawks for the second time in her career as Sarudy rounded out the Top 5 for St. Mary's. She finished with a time of 24:08.9 for 58th-place overall.
Other Race Highlights
- St. Mary's has not finish less than fifth all season-long.
- Washington and Lee claimed both the team and individual titles as the Generals placed three in the Top 10, including Samantha Yates besting 111 runners with a time of 18:44.6 for first place.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- The Seahawks are back on the road as they travel to Center Valley, Pennsylvania, to compete at the DeSales University Invitational on Saturday, October 6 at 10:30 a.m.
Seahawk Finishers (111 runners): 4. Kara Taylor; 25. Lindsey Stevenson; 29. Marisa McCormick, 54. Emily Lane; 58. Caitlyn Sarudy; 60. Nhu Chau (24:15.2); 61. Melody Raynaud (24:16.1); 64. Lindsey Power (24.21.5); 69. Marie Lewis (24.57.5); 70. Alyssa Leventer (24:59.4); 75. Amy Forsbacka (25:30.0); 83. Kori Taber (26.45.1); 98. Liv Bescak (29:52.2); 103. Tara Vizzi (32:21.6)
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc | Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks