For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org
Westminster, Md. – Three Top 10 finishes lead the St. Mary's College of Maryland women's cross country team to a first-place finish at the Green Terror Challenge hosted by McDaniel College Friday afternoon. This is the third time in program history that the Seahawks take top team honors while sophomore Kara Taylor (Ellicott City, Md./Centennial) claimed the top individual honor.
- Place – 1st of 3/21 points
- Location – McDaniel College – Westminster, Md.
St. Mary's Top Finishers
- For this afternoon's race, the team scores based on the top four runners for each team.
- Taylor continued her fast start to the season, winning the 5K event with a time of 22:00.00 and besting the second-place finisher by almost 43 seconds.
- Classmate Lindsey Stevenson (Bel Air, Md./C. Milton Wright) came in fourth overall as she crossed with finish line with a time of 23:46.16.
- Senior captain Marisa McCormick (Prince Frederick, Md./Calvert) finished in sixth place as McCormick ran a 24:04.43.
- Sophomore Melody Raynaud (Ellicott City, Md./Mt. Hebron) took 12th out of 20 runners with a time of 25:30.54.
Other Race Highlights
- McDaniel posted a pair of Top 3 finishes as Samantha Merkel came in second (22:42.46) followed by Megan Mesick in third in 22:54.76.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- The Seahawks are back on the road as they travel to Shenandoah University on Saturday, September 22 for a 9:00 A.M. start.
Team Standings (3 Teams): 1. St. Mary's (21); 2. McDaniel (28); 3. Bowie (35)
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks