For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org
Hilton Head Island, S.C. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland women's tennis team won their third and final match at the PTR Spring TennisFest, posting a 9-0 victory over Marietta College (0-9) to conclude their spring break trip with a 3-0 record.
St. Mary's 9, Marietta 0
- Team captains Marissa Romanek (Sunderland, Md./Huntingtown) and Melissa Barall (Columbia, Md./Wilde Lake) completed their 3-0 spring break by defeating Marietta's Carey Becker and Erin Warvell, 8-3 at No. 1 doubles. The duo won their last three matches with a combined score of 24-5.
- Juniors Raziela Manangan (Baltimore, Md./Institute of Notre Dame) and Chelsea English (Clarksville, Md./River Hill) dominated their competition and won with a score of 8-0 at No. 2 doubles.
- Junior Savannah Bergen (Leonardtown, Md./Leonardtown) and first-year Claire Bodine (Smithsburg, Md./Smithsburg) claimed an 8-1 victory for their second straight win.
- Barall (No. 1), Manangan (No. 3), and Bergen (No. 4) all collected their third consecutive singles wins while Bergen and Bodine lead the Seahawks with five singles victories apiece.
- Following their 3-0 week down in South Carolina, St. Mary's is now 4-4 on the season.
Up Next for the Seahawks
Mar. 28 vs. Christopher Newport University at 3:00 p.m. (Somerset Tennis Complex – St. Mary's City, Md.)
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMtennis, #GoHawks, #TalonsOut
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmtennis