St. Mary's Falls at Virginia Wesleyan
Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Wesleyan College handed the St. Mary's College of Maryland women's tennis team a 6-3 defeat Sunday afternoon.
Junior Kathleen Ramsey (Dunkirk, Md./Northern) and sophomore Chelsea Bradcovich (Ellicott City, Md./Centennial) were the only two Seahawks to notch singles victories. Ramsey posted a straight set victory at the No. 4 flight while Bradcovich needed a third set to claim the win at No. 5 singles.
The Seahawks return to action next Saturday, September 25 for a make-up match at Catholic University at 1:00 pm in Washington, D.C. The match was rained out back on September 12.
Tennis Match Results
Sep 19, 2010 at Virginia Beach, Va. (Penzold Courts)
Va. Wesleyan 6, St. Mary's (Md.) 3
1. Saida Bennou (VWC) def. Katie Lackler (SMC) 6-2, 6-1
2. Meredith Willett (VWC) def. Beth Handy (SMC) 6-1, 6-1
3. Cay Gee (VWC) def. Marie Rau (SMC) 6-2, 6-1
4. Kathleen Ramsey (SMC) def. Sarah Imbesi (VWC) 6-4, 6-4
5. Chelsea Bradcovich (SMC) def. Stephanie Bittner (VWC) 3-6, 6-4, 10-7
6. Katelynn Duncan (VWC) def. Jackie Brady (SMC) 3-6, 6-3, 12-10
1. Saida Bennou/Meredith Willett (VWC) def. Katie Lackler/Beth Handy (SMC) 8-0
2. Cay Gee/Sarah Imbesi (VWC) def. Marie Rau/Chelsea Bradcovich (SMC) 9-8 (7-4)
3. Aviva Brown/Alli Crawford (SMC) def. Stephanie Bittner/Katelynn Duncan (VWC) 9-8 (7-4)
St. Mary's (Md.) 1-2
Va. Wesleyan 1-0
Order of finish: Doubles (1, 2, 3); Singles (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)