Bradcovich, Ramsey Win at Bridgewater (VA)
Bridgewater, Va. – Sophomore Kathleen Ramsey (Dunkirk, Md./Northern) and first-year Chelsea Bradcovich (Ellicott City, Md./Centennial) notched two points for the St. Mary's College of Maryland women's tennis team as the Seahawks dropped a 7-2 decision to Bridgewater (Va.) College in non-conference action Saturday afternoon.
Bradcovich notched a 4-6, 6-4, 10-7 victory over first-year Miranda Donovan (Mineral, Va./Louisa County) at No. 5 singles for her fifth straight win as she improved to 12-3 at that particular flight and 14-5 overall.
Ramsey started a new win streak with her 6-3, 6-3 win over first-year Rita Murphy (Plymouth, Mass./Sacred Heart) at No. 6 singles. She now boasts a 12-2 overall mark.
St. Mary's will be back in action tomorrow as the Seahawks take on York (Pa.) College in a key Capital Athletic Conference at York at 2:00 pm.
Tennis Match Results
Apr 10, 2010 at Bridgewater, Va. (BC Tennis Courts)
Bridgewater (Va.) 7, St. Mary's (Md.) 2
1. Megan Mathias (BCW) def. Beth Handy (SMC) 6-3, 6-3
2. Olivia Stone (BCW) def. Katie Lackler (SMC) 3-6, 6-2, 10-3
3. Amanda Gorby (BCW) def. Jackie Brady (SMC) 6-3, 6-3
4. Emily Schweitzer (BCW) def. Marie Rau (SMC) 6-1, 6-3
5. Chelsea Bradcovich (SMC) def. Miranda Donovan (BCW) 4-6, 6-4, 10-7
6. Kathleen Ramsey (SMC) def. Rita Murphy (BCW) 6-3, 6-3
1. Megan Mathias/Alissa Michael (BCW) def. Beth Handy/Katie Lackler (SMC) 8-0
2. Ally McConaughy/Emily Schweitzer (BCW) def. Chelsea Bradcovich/Marie Rau (SMC) 8-4
3. Miranda Donovan/Amanda Gorby (BCW) def. Jackie Brady/Shelby Mullennix (SMC) 8-0
St. Mary's (Md.) 9-8
Bridgewater (Va.) 7-7
Order of finish: Doubles (1, 3, 2); Singles (6, 1, 4, 3, 2, 5)