SALISBURY, Md. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland women's swimming team (4-4, 2-2 CAC) won a big Capital Athletic Conference meet Saturday (Jan. 26) afternoon as they took down the Sea Gulls of Salisbury University (3-8, 0-4 CAC) with a score of 121-82.
St. Mary's - 121, Salisbury- 82
How It Happened
- Elizabeth Johnson took first in the 800-meter medley relay with a time of 10:49.22. Johnson would also contribute in the 400-meter freestyle by taking second with a time of 5:18.60.
- Holly Smith claimed a second place finish in the 200-meter freestyle by swimming a 2:27.74.
- Litysnki continued her strong season with another first place finish in the 50 meter-freestyle with a time of 28.09.
- Sutton took second in the 50-meter freestyle with a time of 29.00.
- First year Bailey Edgren claimed first overall in the 400-meter IM as she came in with a time of 5:43.24. Edgren also had a strong showing in the 200-meter breaststroke by taking second overall with a time of 2:57.02.
- Becca Sonnenberg notched another first place finish in the 200 SC meter butterfly for the season as she swam a 2:49.24.
- McCloskey swam a 2:36.44 in the 200-meter backstroke, which was good enough for a first place finish.
- Baughman took first overall in the 200-meter breaststroke with a time of 2:55.31.
- Samantha Schoenecker, Sutton, Smith and Litynski would conclude the day with a first place finish in the 800-meter freestyle relay with a time of 9:39.29.
Up Next for the Seahawks
Feb. 2 – The Seahawks will host the Generals of Washington and Lee in the Michael P. O'Brien Aquatics center with a 1:00 P.M. start.
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmswimming
Twitter: @smcseahawks | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks