ST. MARY'S CITY, Md. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland Women's Swimming team hosted the Eagles of Mary Washington Saturday (Jan. 19) for a Capital Athletic Conference meet. The Seahawks fell to the Eagles 215-47.
St. Mary's - 47, Mary Washington - 215
How it Happened
- Hailley Baughman (Lineboro, Md. / Manchester Valley), Carolyn Sutton (Laurel, Md. / Laurel), Leila McCloskey (Leonardtown, Md. / Leonardtown) and Brenna Litynski (Hollywood, Md. / Home-Schooled) swam a 1:55.68 in the 200-yard medley relay, which gave them a second place finish.
- McCloskey also took a second place finish in the 100-yard backstroke by swimming a 1:05.21.
- Becca Sonnenberg (Derwood, Md. / Col. Zadok Magruder) snagged a third place finish in the 200-yard butterfly with a 2:24.50.
- Baughman swam a 1:11.80 in the 100-yard breaststroke, which was good enough for second place. She would take her third, second place finish of the day by swimming a 2:37.32 in the 200-yard breaststroke.
- Litynski would claim first place overall in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 25.26.
- Sutton would again contribute in the 100-yard freestyle by finishing second with a time of 57.25. She also finished third in the 100-yard butterfly by swimming a 1:04.63.
- Sutton, Baughman, Samantha Schoenecker (Dallas, Texas / Woodrow Wilson) and Sonnenberg finished the day for the Seahawks by taking third in the 200-yard freestyle relay.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- 1/26 – The Seahawks are away as they travel to Capital Athletic Conference foe Salisbury University for a 1:00 P.M. start.
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmswimming
Twitter: @smcseahawks | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks