For Immediate Release · By Monica Vega · email@example.com
Philadelphia Pa. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland women's rowing team travelled to Philadelphia on Saturday to compete on the Schuylkill River in 51st Annual Kerr Cup Regatta.
How It Happened
- The varsity eight A team would claim a spot in the grand final after coming in second in their heat with a time of 8:05.23. In the grand final, the Seahawks would finish in sixth place as they improved their time to 7:56.69.
- St. Mary's would also have a varsity eight team B that made it to the petit final following a third-place finish in their heat (8:23.67). In the petit final, the Seahawks would find themselves in second place with a time of 8:07.01, defeating Mid-Atlantic Rowing conference foes Washington College B, Franklin and Marshall College C, Johnson & Wales University B, and Cabrini University.
- The Seahawks' varsity four team would also see success in their heat, earning a second-place spot with a time of 9:08.71.
Seahawks Boat Line-Ups
- Varsity Eight A: Mira League (coxswain), Lynn Stevens (stroke), Kayla Waring (seven), Sarah Connell (six), Shannon Russ (five), Catherine Kardash (four), Mackenzie Begley (three), Katie Gill (two), Kendall Shriver (bow)
- Varsity Eight B: Anne Chernikoff (coxswain), Katherine Williams (stroke); Sarah Jeffrey (seven), Zoe Grabenstetter (six), Angelina Wilson (five), Thea Keppler (four), Clara Comstock (three), Emma Sigler (two), Alex Lundahl (bow)
- Varsity Four: Hana Yarbrough (coxswain), Kylee Naumann (stroke), Kat Bradshaw (three), Ellen Will (two), Hannah Roe (bow)
Up Next for the Seahawks
Apr. 29 – Mid-Atlantic Rowing Conference Championships (Lewisberry, Pa. – Gifford Pinchot State Park)
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMRowing, #GoHawks, #TalonsOut
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmrowing