For Immediate Release · By Monica Vega · email@example.com
Philadelphia, Pa. – The St. Mary’s College of Maryland women’s rowing team traveled to Philadelphia to compete at the Head of the Schuylkill Regatta Saturday, seeing action in four events. The frosh/novice eights would highlight the day for St. Mary’s.
How It Happened
- The frosh/novice eights came in 16th out of a field of 41 with a time of 18:44.970, showing improvement from the last regatta. Not only were they in the top half against other teams that had larger recruiting classes, St. Mary’s improved from two weeks ago against Mid-Atlantic Rowing Conference foe, Cabrini University, and Penn State University. For example, the Seahawks were eight seconds behind Cabrini two weeks ago and 21 seconds ahead of them at HOSR.
- In the championship eights, the Seahawks found the finish line in 18:47.518 and landed in the 15th spot.
- The championship fours would take the 56th spot and clock a 23:33.181.
- The club championship eights took 55th with a time of 20:57.213.
Coach Hagelberg on the Head of the Schuylkill
“Our women's varsity and JV showed renewed energy and grit. We have continued to see development of the team through each regatta day. I expect our season finale at the Head of the Occoquan to be excellent.”
Seahawks Boat Lineups
- Frosh/Novice Eights: Mira League (coxswain), Emma Sigler (stroke), Kylee Naumann (seven), Thea Keppler (six), Hana Yarbrough (five), Zoe Grabenstetter (four), Katie Ortel (three), Katie Gill (two), Kat Bradshaw (bow)
- Club Championship Eights: Jessica Wung (coxswain), Katie Williams (stroke), Ashley Ziur (seven), Ellen Will (six), Clara Comstock (five), Julia Bowden (four), Mackenzie Begley (three), Morgan Smith (two), Sammie Alteri (bow)
- Championship Eights: Mira League (coxswain), Sara Brooks (stroke), Kayla Waring (seven), Sarah Connell (six), Katherine Smith (five), Catie Kardash(four), Shannon Russ (three), Alexis Craddock (two), Kendall Shriver(bow)
- Championship Fours: Anne Chernikoff (coxswain), Hannah Warlick (stroke), Hannah Roe (three), Angelina Wilson (two), Martine Niyongabo (bow)
Up next for the Seahawks
11/5 at Head of the Occoquan – Fairfax Station, Va.
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMRowing, #TalonsOut, #GoHawks
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmrowing