For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org
Annapolis, Md. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland sailing team competed at the Truxtun Umsted, an interconference regatta, on October 14-15. The interconference regatta was hosted by the U.S. Naval Academy.
Truxtun Umsted (U.S. Naval Academy) – 10th of 20
- Day one of the Trux brought challenging conditions for both the sailors and race committee. Four races were sailed in A, B, and C while three were sailed in D.
- Sunday morning started with cloudy skies and a southwest wind at 5-8 knots. The breeze slowly increased as the day went on, finishing at 10-12 knots. The race committee was able to get in nine total races.
- Georgetown University captured the event as the Hoyas bested second-place Hobart and Williams Smith Colleges by 24 points.
- The Seahawks finished 10th in the 20-team field behind junior skipper Liam McCarthy's (St. Petersburg, Fla./St. Petersburg) fifth-place finish in Division D.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 21-22 – MAISA Women's Fall Dinghy Championships at Maritime College
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smc_sailing
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMC_Sailing
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks