For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · email@example.com
Westminster, Md. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's cross country team picked up a second-place finish at the McDaniel College Green Terror Challenge Friday afternoon. The Seahawks posted three Top 10 finishes en route to the program's sixth runner-up finish in history.
- Place – 2nd of 4/27 points
- Location – McDaniel College – Westminster, Md.
St. Mary's Top Finishers:
- For this afternoon's race, the team scores based on the top four runners for each team.
- The first Seahawk to finish on the day was first-year Tyler Wilson (Silver Spring, Md./Albert Einstein) for the second straight week. Wilson ran an 18:39.46 to place third overall in a field of 26 runners.
- Senior captain James Judlick (Baltimore, Md./Perry Hall) clocked a 20:04.31, which was good enough to place him, eighth overall.
- Behind Judlick was senior Zack Walker (St. Leonard, Md./Calvert) as Walker came across the finish line with a time of 20:14.01.
- The fourth and final Seahawk to score was junior Joseph McManus (Chevy Chase, Md./Bethesda Chevy Chase) as McManus came in 14th in 21:08.47.
Other Race Highlights
- McDaniel captured its home meet with a team score of 19 points as three runners finished in the Top 10.
- The Green Terror's Gavin Gibson came in first overall with a time of 17:04.75, which was 53 seconds ahead of the second-place finisher.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- The Seahawks are back on the road as they travel to Winchester, Va., for the Shenandoah University Hornet Harrier on Saturday, September 22, at 9:00 a.m.
Team Standings (4 Teams): 1. McDaniel (19); 2. St. Mary's (27); 3. Bowie State (40); 4. Hagerstown CC (59)
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc | Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks