For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · email@example.com
Newville, Pa. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's cross country team finished their 2017 season on Saturday at the NCAA Division III Mideast Regional Championships hosted by Dickinson College at Big Spring High School in Newville, Pennsylvania. St. Mary's finished 44th in the 51-team field.
- Place – 44th of 51
- Location – Newville, Pa. – Big Spring High School
St. Mary's Top 5 Finishers:
- James Judlick (Baltimore, Md./Perry Hall) finished off his junior campaign on a high note as Judlick was the top Seahawk to finish with a time of 29:11.2 and a 5:53-minute mile pace for 234th overall.
- Junior Adam Scrivener (Prince Frederick, Md./Huntingtown) was the second runner from St. Mary's to cross the finish line as Scrivener came in with a time of 29:31.9 following a 5:57-minute mile pace for 255th overall.
- Senior captain Scott Zimmerman (Clarksville, Md./Atholton) ran his last race as a Seahawk and finished with a time of 29:40.6 for 259th overall. Zimmerman put up a 5:59-minute mile pace.
- Sophomore Robbie Hamilton (Fort Meade, Md./Meade) and first-year Yoni Kamis (Chevy Chase, Md./Bethesda-Chevy Chase) were four seconds apart as they rounded out the Top 5 for St. Mary's. Hamilton ran a 30:11.2 for 277th overall while Kamis finished his rookie year in 282nd place with a time of 30:15.6.
- Senior captains Sam Coomes (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) and TJ McPhaul (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) also put in their final races as Seahawks. Coomes placed 283rd in 30:16.8 while McPhaul took 294th in 30:45.7.
Other Top Performers:
- No. 3 Haverford College won the overall meet with the top three finishers all coming from the Fords. Graham Peet came in first overall with a time of 25:22.9. The next two finishers were Henry Woods and Ryan Herlihy both came in with a time of 25:24.9 for second and third, respectively.
- The Capital Athletic Conference school with the highest finish was York College of Pennsylvania, who is ranked fourth in the Mideast region and finished fourth overall. The top individual runner from the CAC also came from York as Alex Smith finished 17th out of 365 runners.
Up Next for the Seahawks:
- Season Complete
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks