For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org
Newport News, Va. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's cross country team picked up a seventh-place finish at the 2017 Capital Athletic Conference Men's Cross Country Championships Saturday afternoon.
- Place – 7th of 9
- Location – Newport News, Va. – Christopher Newport University – Lee Hall Mansion
St. Mary's Top 5 Finishers:
- Senior captain Scott Zimmerman (Clarksville, Md./Atholton) was the first Seahawk to cross the finish line. He ran the 8K course in 29:01.9 for 67th overall.
- First-year Yoni Kamis (Chevy Chase, Md./Bethesda-Chevy Chase) came in as the second runner to finish for St. Mary's with a time of 29:23.5 to put him 76th overall.
- Junior James Judlick (Baltimore, Md./Perry Hall) finished right behind Kamis with a time of 29:31.1 for 80th overall.
- Junior Adam Scrivener (Prince Frederick, Md./Huntingtown) and senior captain TJ McPhaul (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) rounded out the Top 5 for the Seahawks. Neither finished far behind Judlick as Scrivener posted a time of 29:51.1 for 84th place and McPhaul took 86th in 30:03.0.
Other Top Performers:
- No. 11 Christopher Newport University took home the top three spots at the championship for its third consecutive CAC crown while Reid Grayson finished as the first overall runner for the third straight year.
- No. 22 York College of Pennsylvania placed second with three runners in the Top 10.
- The University of Mary Washington, who ranks seventh in the South/Southeast region, notched a third-place finish as Jeff Gibson led the way with a fifth-place finish.
Up Next for the Seahawks:
- St. Mary's will rest up and train for the next two weeks in preparation for the 2017 NCAA Division III Mideast Regional hosted by Dickinson College on Saturday, November 11 at 11:00 a.m. The race will be held at Big Spring High School in Newville, Pa.
Team Standings (9 Teams): 1. Christopher Newport (27); 2. York (Pa.) (58); 3. Salisbury (83); 4. Mary Washington (88); 5. Southern Virginia (128); 6. Frostburg State (167); 7. St. Mary's (233); 8. Wesley (249); 9. Penn State Harrisburg (267)
Seahawk Finishers (129 runners): 67. Scott Zimmerman, 76. Yoni Kamis, 80. James Judlick, 84. Adam Scrivener, 86. TJ McPhaul, 89. Robert Hamilton (30:12.3), 92. Sam Coomes (31:11.6), 104. Joseph McManus (31:25.2), 111. Randy Larsen (32:41.5), 125. Danny Capasso (35:45.7), 126. Andres Melos (37:20.5)
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks