For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org
Annapolis, Md. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's cross country team competed in their second race of the season, running the 8K course at the Navy Invitational Saturday morning.
- Place – 4th out of 4 (121 points)
- Location – United States Naval Academy – Annapolis, Md.
St. Mary's Top 5 Finishers
- The first Seahawk to finish was junior James Judlick (Baltimore, Md./Perry Hall) with a time of 32:12.74.
- The next three Seahawks all finished with a time of 32:13. Senior captain TJ McPhaul (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) was the first of the three to cross the finish line (32:13.12) and was closely followed by sophomore Mason Baird (Davidsonville, Md./South River) and senior captain Scott Zimmerman (Clarksville, Md./Atholton) in 32:13.46 and 32:13.85, respectively.
- Senior captain Sam Coomes (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) rounded out the Top 5 with a time of 32:25.23.
Other Top Finishers
- Navy, who received votes in the NCAA Division I Men's Cross Country Preseason National Coaches' Poll, captured the team title as Kevin Murray paced the Midshipmen with his first-place finish in 24:36.08.
- American University came in second and was led by Matthew Rainey in third.
- UMBC rounded out the Top 3 with Matthew Kane pacing the Retrievers with an 11th-place finish.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- The Seahawks will race at the Osprey Open, which is hosted by Stockton University in Galloway, N.J., next Saturday, September 23 at 10:00 a.m.
Team Standings (4 Teams): 1. Navy (21); 2. American (45); 3. UMBC (71); 4. St. Mary's (120)
Seahawk Finishers (47 runners): 34. James Judlick; 35. TJ McPhaul; 36. Mason Baird; 37. Scott Zimmerman; 38. Sam Coomes; 40. Yoni Kamis (32:41.72); 41. Zack Walker (32:53.31); 42. Joseph McManus (32:58.81); 43. Adam Scrivener (33:25.25); 44. Robbie Hamilton (33:59.78); 45. Randy Larsen (34:18.02); 46. Andres Merlos (38:46.40); 47. Danny Capasso 38:46.64)
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMXC
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcm_xc
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks