For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org
Fredericksburg, Va. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's tennis team wrapped up Capital Athletic Conference play on Sunday morning. St. Mary's (5-9, 2-5 CAC) tallied a 9-0 loss at the hands of No. 36 Christopher Newport University (12-8, 6-1 CAC) in the final CAC match of 2018.
St. Mary's 0, Christopher Newport 9
How It Happened
- Sophomores Jon Gorel (Jessup, Md./Hammond) and Ethan Garren (Arnold, Md./Broadneck) took four games from CNU's Justin Cerny and James Baron at No. 1 doubles but unfortunately fell 8-4.
- Sophomore Ron Stith (Cheltenham, Md./Lackey) and senior captain Connor McKissick (Leonardtown, Md./Leonardtown) also fought hard and won two games against William Trang and Andy Mason at No. 2 doubles but lost 8-2.
- Garren provided the tightest singles match as he captured six games at No. 2 singles before dropping a 6-4, 6-2 decision to Mason.
- Stith also had a strong match, claiming five games from Dominic Lacombe at No. 3 singles in a 6-1, 6-4 loss.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 19 at Stevenson University (9-5) – Owings Mills, Md. – Season Finale – 2:00 p.m.
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmtennis
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMtennis
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks