For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · firstname.lastname@example.org
Buena Vista, Va. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's tennis team headed south to Virginia on Friday to face Southern Virginia University in Capital Athletic Conference action. Southern Virginia (12-3, 2-2 CAC) posted a 9-0 win over the Seahawks (4-7, 1-3 CAC), who were shut out for the second match in a row.
St. Mary's 0, Southern Virginia 9
How It Happened
- Junior Jacob Bartholow (Walkersville, Md./Walkersville) and sophomore Ron Stith (Cheltenham, Md./Lackey) took four games from Zac Bowers and Andrew Blonquist at No. 3 doubles in an 8-4 loss.
- Sophomores Jon Gorel (Jessup, Md./Hammond) and Ethan Garren (Arnold, Md./Broadneck) also battled, grabbing three games from T.J. Snelson and Tanner O'Brien at No. 1 doubles before falling 8-3.
- Senior captain Connor McKissick (Leonardtown, Md./Leonardtown) pushed Blonquist at No. 4 singles, claiming four games before dropping a 2-6, 2-6 decision.
- Garren avoided a goose egg in either set against Ben Spencer at No. 2 singles in a 1-6, 2-6 loss.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Apr. 7 at Frostburg State University (2-8, 0-4 CAC) – Frostburg, Md. (Mountain Ridge HS) – CAC match – 11:00 a.m.
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmtennis
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMtennis
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks