For Immediate Release · By Nairem Moran · email@example.com
St. Mary's City, Md. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's swim team hosted Washington College in a non-conference dual meet Friday night. St. Mary's (2-3) suffered a 116-56 setback at the hands of the Shoremen (2-4) as sophomore Nate Donoghue (Lanham, Md./Roosevelt) was the lone first-place finisher for the Seahawks.
St. Mary's 56, Washington College 116
How It Happened
- Donoghue captured the 50 freestyle in 22.80, out-touching senior Reed Rhoads (Westminster, Md./Winters Mill) who finished in second in 22.89.
- Juniors Peter Orban (Montgomery Village, Md./Watkins Mill) and Andrew March (Westminster, Md./Westminster), Donoghue, and Rhoads opened up the meet with a second-place finish in the 400 medley relay in 3:50.83.
- Senior captain Colin Cassady (Phoenix, Md./Calvert Hall) placed second in the 200 freestyle in 1:51.54 while taking third in the 500 freestyle in 5:09.46.
- March finished second in the 200 breaststroke in 2:29.09 while the foursome of Cassady, Rhoads, Donoghue, and junior Jacob Rosenzweig-Stein (Hyattsville, Md./Burke) went second in the 400 freestyle in 3:26.71.
- Junior Ryan Akhavan (Annapolis, Md./Broadneck) recorded three third-place finishes in the 1000 freestyle (11:35.58), the 400 individual medley (4:49.20), and the 200 butterfly (2:10.94).
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Nov. 17 vs. McDaniel (0-3) – MPOBARC Aquatics Center – 1:00 p.m.
Facebook: StMarysAthletics | Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmswimming
Twitter: @smcseahawks | Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks