For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · email@example.com
Lexington, Va. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's swim team visited the Generals of Washington and Lee University on Saturday for a non-conference dual meet. The Seahawks (2-7) suffered a 184-69 loss to Washington and Lee (6-1), who received votes in this week's CSCAA/TYR Top 25 Swimming & Diving Poll. WLU also ranks eighth in the West-Midwest-South region.
St. Mary's 69, Washington and Lee 184
How It Happened
- After missing last week's dual meet, first-year Andrew Scott (California, Md./Leonardtown) came back strong, winning the 1,000 freestyle with a time of 10:13.25. Scott also earned first place in the 500 freestyle with a time of 4:54.04.
- Senior captain Ben Ertman (Potomac, Md./Churchill) placed third in the 1,000 freestyle (12:24.47), contributing to St. Mary's scoring.
- Sophomore Peter Orban (Montgomery Village, Md./Watkins Mill) finished second in the 100 backstroke with a time of 56.37. Orban then picked up another second-place finish in the 200 backstroke by swimming a 2:08.95.
- Senior captain Kieran Broder (Olney, Md./Georgetown Prep) took second in the 200 individual medley with a time of 2:12.81 while sophomore Jacob Rosenzweig-Stein (Hyattsville, Md./Edmund Burke) also placed in the 200 individual medley with a time of 2:14.74.
- The Seahawks claimed a second-place finish in the 200 freestyle relay as junior Colin Cassady (Phoenix, Md./Calvert Hall), first-year Nate Donoghue (Lanham, Md./Eleanor Roosevelt), junior Reed Rhoads (Westminster, Md./Winters Mill), and Scott swam a 1:32.83.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Feb. 3 vs. Salisbury University (4-5-1, 2-2 CAC) – Michael P. O'Brien Aquatics Center – CAC meet – 1:00 p.m.
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmswimming
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks