For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · email@example.com
St. Mary's City, Md. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's swim team hosted the Eagles of the University of Mary Washington on Saturday in a Capital Athletic Conference dual meet. The Seahawks (2-6, 1-3 CAC) succumbed to a 192-68 loss to Mary Washington (6-0, 3-0 CAC).
St. Mary's 68, Mary Washington 192
How It Happened
- The Seahawks would take first place in the 200 freestyle relay as juniors Colin Cassady (Phoenix, Md./Calvert Hall) and Reed Rhoads (Westminster, Md./Winters Mill), first-year Nate Donoghue (Lanham, Md./Eleanor Roosevelt) and senior Lucas Delgado (Bowie, Md./Gonzaga [D.C.]) swam a 1:32.11.
- Sophomore Peter Orban (Montgomery Village, Md./Watkins Mill) swam a 56.20 in the 100 backstroke which was good enough for first place as well. Orban also took third in the 200 backstroke in 2:08.21.
- Cassady would also take home a first-place finish as he posted a 22.80 in the 50 freestyle. He also finished second in the 100 freestyle with a time of 51.24.
- St. Mary's notched a third-place finish in the 200 medley relay in 1:58.17 behind the efforts of Orban, senior captain Kieran Broder (Olney, Md./Georgetown Prep), Donoghue, and Rhoads.
- Broder placed third in both the 100 (1:03.33) and 200 (2:23.34) breaststroke events while senior Maxwell Madden (Annapolis, Md./Broadneck) came in third in the 1,000 freestyle in 10:47.95.
- Sophomore Ryan Akhavan (Annapolis, Md./Broadneck) collected a third-place finish in the 100 butterfly with a time of 57.65.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Jan. 27 at Washington and Lee University (5-1) – Lexington, Va. – W&L Natatorium – 1:00 p.m.
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmswimming
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks