For Immediate Release · By Justin Gordon · email@example.com
York, Pa. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland men's swim team took part in a tri-meet hosted by York College of Pennsylvania Saturday afternoon. St. Mary's (1-3, 0-2 CAC) dropped a 148-53 Capital Athletic Conference decision to York (3-2, 2-0 CAC) and fell 158-43 to Ursinus (3-0).
St. Mary's 53, York 148
St. Mary's 43, Ursinus 158
How It Happened
- First-year Andrew Scott (California, Md./Leonardtown) continued his strong start to his career by finishing second in the 400 individual medley with a time of 4:31.06. Scott also notched a pair of fourth-place finishes in the 1000 (10:30.27) and 500 (5:06.38) freestyle events.
- Junior Colin Cassady (Phoenix, Md./Calvert Hall) picked up a third-place finish in the 50 freestyle with a time of 22.57 and anchored the fourth-place 400 medley relay as sophomore Peter Orban (Montgomery Village, Md./Watkins Mill), senior captain Kieran Broder (Olney, Md./Georgetown Prep), and sophomore Ryan Akhavan (Annapolis, Md./Broadneck) joined Cassady to swim a 3:48.21.
- Broder swam a 2:22.12 in the 200 breaststroke, which was good enough for fourth.
- Akhavan paced the Seahawks in the 200 butterfly with a fifth-place finish in 2:10.12 while anchoring the fifth-place 400 freestyle relay. Cassady, first-year Nate Donoghue (Lanham, Md./Eleanor Roosevelt), and junior Reed Rhoads (Westminster, Md./Winter Mills) joined Akhavan on the relay.
- Donoghue led St. Mary's with an eighth-place finish in the 200 freestyle (1:56.72) while Rhoads landed ninth in the 100 freestyle (53.72).
- Sophomore Jacob Rosenzweig-Stein (Hyattsville, Md./Edmund Burke) took ninth in the 200 backstroke in 2:19.54.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Nov. 11 vs. Frostburg State University (7-3, 0-2 CAC) – MPOBARC Aquatics Center – 1:00 p.m.
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmswimming
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks