For Immediate Release · By Nairem Moran · email@example.com
Washington, Pa. – The St. Mary's College of Maryland field hockey team saw their win streak snapped at three with a 2-0 non-conference road loss to Washington & Jefferson College Sunday afternoon.
St. Mary's 0, Washington & Jefferson 2
How It Happened
- Washington & Jefferson struck first at 7:11 when Rachel Fromm finished off a pass from the left from Jenna Jaworski.
- Almost 11 minutes after the break, the Presidents secured their second tally of the afternoon when Claire Shaak found Alana Boyd in the middle. Boyd found the back of the cage for her fourth of the season.
For the Seahawks (6-6)
- Scorers: None
- Goalkeeper: Alyssa Thompson (2 saves, 2 goals allowed, 70:00)
- St. Mary's was held to just one first-half shot and three penalty corners.
For Washington & Jefferson (5-3)
- Scorers: Fromm (1 goal); Boyd (1 goal); Jaworski (1 assist); Shaak (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Karlie Baran (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 70:00)
- The Presidents tallied nine shots (four on goal), including seven in the second half, and four corners in their fourth straight win.
- This was the first-ever meeting between the Seahawks and Washington & Jefferson.
- Today's loss snaps St. Mary's win streak at three.
Up Next for the Seahawks
- Oct. 7 at York (Pa.) College (7-2, 1-0 CAC) – York, Pa. – Capital Athletic Conference game - 1:00 p.m.
- York owns a 21-10 all-time record against the Seahawks, having won the last five contests.
Twitter: @smcseahawks, @SMCMFH
Instagram: @smcseahawks, @smcmfh
Hashtags: #SweepTheSheds, #GoHawks