The following positions are part of the ARC:
Welcome Desk Staff
Monitor access to the Athletics and Recreation
Center. Greet guests and provide general information about
all programs, events, procedures, and policies in the ARC.
Serve as an information center for the facility and
department. Manage the check out and return of all
recreational equipment. Limited cash handling for rental and
day passes is also required. Welcome Desk staff may also be
required to direct guests and give occasional tours of the
facility, enforce policies, and perform some basic area-specific
- Willingness and ability to assist any staff member or guest of
the facility by providing information or physical assistance.
- Knowledge of campus and campus activity.
- Superior level of professionalism, positive attitude and
- Have a proficient knowledge of the phone system in order to
answer and direct calls in a timely and professional fashion.
- Work well in a fast-paced and interactive environment.
- Maintain the cleanliness and professional appearance of the
Welcome Desk area.
Fitness Center Attendant
Assists and supervises users of the fitness center. Provides
orientations, information, direction and assistance to all users of
the fitness area to optimize workouts and promote a safe
environment and effective use of the facility. Fitness Center
staff is also responsible for routine maintenance and cleanliness
of the equipment and general Fitness Center areas.
- Previous experience with cardiovascular and resistance training
equipment preferred but not required. Proper training will be
- Be attentive to all activity within all areas of the Fitness
Center at all times.
- Be assertive in asking guests if they need any assistance and
be prepared to spot guests whenever necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization within all areas of the
fitness center. Tasks may include, but not limited, to organizing
weight stacks and racks, wiping down and cleaning equipment,
monitoring all pieces of equipment to ensure that they work safely
- Be prepared to answer questions concerning fitness
- It is forbidden to "personal train" any guest in the ARC for
- Conduct Proper safety checks and report all damaged equipment
to the Director or Facility Manager on duty.
Climbing Wall Instructor
Responsible for participant check-in, belay testing, site safety
and supervision, instruction of climbing and safety clinics,
maintenance and cleaning of climbing wall, maintaining climbing
equipment, record keeping and designing new climbing routes.
- Teaching and supervising individuals and groups of all
- Previous climbing experience is preferred but not necessary.
All training is provided.
- Ability or willingness to learn to belay climbers.
- Be attentive to all activity at the Climbing Wall regardless of
you whether or not you are belaying.
- Spot all guests bouldering.
- Good knowledge of all climbing equipment, how to perform
equipment maintenance, and an understanding of climbing
- Maintenance includes taking care and cleaning holds, climbing
shoes, and harnesses while making sure that they are all in good
condition to be used safely.
- Extraordinary attentiveness to the safety of all guests
regardless of skill level.
- Knowledge of protocol to open and close the climbing wall.
- Be knowledgeable and comfortable in administering belay tests
to guests, members, and staff who wish to become belay
here for an Application
Employee Student Handbook