Welcome Desk Staff
Monitor access to the Athletics and Recreation Center. Greet guests and provide general information about all programs, events, procedures, and policies in the ARC. Serve as an information center for the facility and department. Manage the check out and return of all recreational equipment. Limited cash handling for rental and day passes is also required. Welcome Desk staff may also be required to direct guests and give occasional tours of the facility, enforce policies, and perform some basic area-specific cleaning duties.
- Willingness and ability to assist any staff member or guest of the facility by providing information or physical assistance.
- Knowledge of campus and campus activity.
- Superior level of professionalism, positive attitude and customer service.
- Have a proficient knowledge of the phone system in order to answer and direct calls in a timely and professional fashion.
- Work well in a fast-paced and interactive environment.
- Maintain the cleanliness and professional appearance of the Welcome Desk area.
Fitness Center Attendant
Assists and supervises users of the fitness center. Provides orientations, information, direction and assistance to all users of the fitness area to optimize workouts and promote a safe environment and effective use of the facility. Fitness Center staff is also responsible for routine maintenance and cleanliness of the equipment and general Fitness Center areas.
- Previous experience with cardiovascular and resistance training equipment preferred but not required. Proper training will be provided.
- Be attentive to all activity within all areas of the Fitness Center at all times.
- Be assertive in asking guests if they need any assistance and be prepared to spot guests whenever necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization within all areas of the fitness center. Tasks may include, but not limited, to organizing weight stacks and racks, wiping down and cleaning equipment, monitoring all pieces of equipment to ensure that they work safely and correctly.
- Be prepared to answer questions concerning fitness equipment.
- It is forbidden to "personal train" any guest in the ARC for payment.
- Conduct Proper safety checks and report all damaged equipment to the Director or Facility Manager on duty.
Climbing Wall Instructor
Responsible for participant check-in, belay testing, site safety and supervision, instruction of climbing and safety clinics, maintenance and cleaning of climbing wall, maintaining climbing equipment, record keeping and designing new climbing routes.
- Teaching and supervising individuals and groups of all ages.
- Previous climbing experience is preferred but not necessary. All training is provided.
- Ability or willingness to learn to belay climbers.
- Be attentive to all activity at the Climbing Wall regardless of you whether or not you are belaying.
- Spot all guests bouldering.
- Good knowledge of all climbing equipment, how to perform equipment maintenance, and an understanding of climbing terminology.
- Maintenance includes taking care and cleaning holds, climbing shoes, and harnesses while making sure that they are all in good condition to be used safely.
- Extraordinary attentiveness to the safety of all guests regardless of skill level.
- Knowledge of protocol to open and close the climbing wall.
- Be knowledgeable and comfortable in administering belay tests to guests, members, and staff who wish to become belay certified.