Group Fitness classes are free of charge, offered every month and taught by certified instructors. Classes offered include the following:
Aqua Aerobics: A twist on the classic aerobic workout routine, this class is taught in the pool. No swimming experience necessary.
Yoga: Our yoga classes help with posture, breathing, flexibility, and general relaxation while giving you a workout.
Spin: A high energy stationary bike workout that enhances cardiovascular endurance and muscular strength. Participants can control personal intensity levels through body position and bike tension.
Fitness Boot Camp: FBC is intended to introduce to interested students the type of physical conditioning and training currently used by active service members. Students will learn and participate in a variety of strength, aerobic and anaerobic conditioning exercises aimed at developing total body fitness.
Beyond Barre: is a cardio-infused workout that uses classical ballet barre exercises to stregthen and develop long, lean muscles. The workout incorporates upper body sculpting, a stomach flattening abdominal series and fat burning cardio for a total body workout for extra challenge and fun. Modifications can be made depending on fitness levels
Group Fitness Class Schedule
Please click here to access the 2014-2015 Group Fitness composite schedule.
Group Fitness Procedures
- The ARC offers free Group Fitness Classes to all SMCM faculty, staff and students and community members that have purchased a membership. Community patrons can pay the $5 daily pass to take classes.
- A calendar of Group Fitness Classes can be found in the Welcome Desk Binder at all times, and copies should be placed at the Welcome Desk for patrons' convenience.
- Group Fitness Instructors are required to clock in and out, as is all ARC Staff.
- At the time of clocking in, Group Fitness Instructors should be given a Group Fitness Sign-In Sheet.
- All Group Fitness participants are required to both check in (swipe) at the Welcome Desk, and sign in on the Group Fitness Sign-In Sheet at that beginning of class.
- Patrons who are not members but have purchased a Guest Pass are also welcome to participate in Group Fitness Classes, on the condition that they have signed all necessary waiver and releases.
- At the end of the class, the Group Fitness Instructor should return the Group Fitness Sign-In Sheet. Welcome Desk Staff member on duty should then place the sheet into the Group Fitness Sign-In folder, located to the right of the computer at the Desk.
- Spin Class participants must register for classes in advance. Space is limited to 10 participants, and each participant must register themselves individually.