Group Fitness at the MPOBARC
Group Fitness classes are free of charge, offered every month and taught by certified instructors. Classes offered include the following:
Aqua Aerobics: A twist on the classic aerobic workout routine, this class is taught in the pool. No swimming experience necessary.
Yoga: Our yoga classes help with posture, breathing, flexibility, and general relaxation while giving you a workout.
Swing Dance: Teaches the fundamental concepts for all forms of swing and lindy hop. Students will learn to lead and follow several different moves, while developing their own dance style. Emphasis will be placed on communication with your dance partner and dancing confidently along the floor.
Spin: A high energy stationary bike workout that enhances cardiovascular endurance and muscular strength. Participants can control personal intensity levels through body position and bike tension.
Tai Chi: The art and science of using breathing, posture, movement and/or sound to cleanse, refine, accumulate and circulate Qi in the body.
Group Fitness Class Schedule
Please click here to access the 2012-13 Group Fitness composite schedule.
Group Fitness Procedures
- The ARC offers free Group Fitness Classes to all ARC patrons.
- A calendar of Group Fitness Classes can be found in the Welcome Desk Binder at all times, and copies should be placed at the Welcome Desk for patrons' convenience.
- Group Fitness Instructors are required to clock in and out, as is all ARC Staff.
- At the time of clocking in, Group Fitness Instructors should be given a Group Fitness Sign-In Sheet.
- All Group Fitness participants are required to both check in (swipe) at the Welcome Desk, and sign in on the Group Fitness Sign-In Sheet at that beginning of class.
- Patrons who are not members but have purchased a Guest Pass are also welcome to participate in Group Fitness Classes, on the condition that they have signed all necessary waiver and releases.
- At the end of the class, the Group Fitness Instructor should return the Group Fitness Sign-In Sheet. Welcome Desk Staff member on duty should then place the sheet into the Group Fitness Sign-In folder, located to the right of the computer at the Desk.
- Spin Class participants must register for classes in advance. Space is limited to 10 participants, and each participant must register themselves individually.